Monday, August 9, 2010

Quote of the Week ~ 8/9/10

(This quote is actually about a month old...so some of you have probably heard it already...but since a month ago I wasn't blogging per se, I'm posting it now!)

I was trying to help Ellie ride her bike. She loathes her bike. Like really, REALLY hates it. But I'm a mean mom, and I'm trying to make her learn to ride it anyway.

Sooooo....

We're biking home from the library, and Ellie is leaning waaaaaay over on the bike, relying heavily on her creaky training wheels. I come up behind her and start pushing her to go faster....while she screams at me. So fun. I keep telling her that if she goes faster the bike will balance better and she'll have an easier time pedaling....

She refuses...so I push her again....while she screams...sorry neighbors.....

Mom: "Ellie! It's not that hard! You just need to get some guts!"

Ellie: "I have guts, Mom!!!! I use them to digest my food!!!!!"

3 comments:

Danielle said...

I love it! That is just too priceless. Hope all is welL. Miss you.

Linda said...

I'm so happy to have a dose of Ander-humor on my IRS audit day today. Thanks for the laugh! (Ellie, you are priceless!)

Gramma Joy and Grampa Todd said...

Do you ever feel like your children are just waaaaay too intelligent?! But, what a lot of fun they are, too :o)