Friday, August 6, 2010

'New' House!


So...

We've moved into our 'new' house! It's an old Victorian home that was built in 1897. The original owner lived here until she passed away about 15 years ago. She didn't have any children, so the house was purchased by a family who used it as a summer home for a couple of years, then by another couple who did some renovations, and finally by our new landlords.

It's really beautiful! It has lots of 'old house' quirks, and treasures, including a dank, dark cellar and a summer kitchen that has been converted into a *studio*!!!

A *HUGE* (and I mean GINORMOUS) thanks goes to my Mom for coming from Arizona to help clean, pack, and generally keep me sane for the past week and a half! (She can tell you ALL about the dark dank cellar and all of it's 'lovely' surprises!) And also to the wonderful friends, neighbors, and family members who helped us get into our new digs!

As soon as I find my camera (which is still packed somewhere!) I'll post pics of the interior for you all to see! And we'll be having a house warming party sometime soon, too!

*whew!*

5 comments:

COOLWHIP said...

I love old house charm. We lived in a home that old for a few years down town, it was our landlords grandmothers home. Loved to rent it, but didn't want the upkeep of owning a 100 yr old home. I guess someday, ours will be :)
It's very cute.

Julie said...

Wow! It's so pretty and cool! I would love to come and see it someday, including the dark, dank cellar! :D

Becca said...

It's gorgeous. Can't wait to see the inside.

Linda said...

Such a sweet old house. Hope you just LOVE it there!

Tonya said...

Love the house. It is extremely charming and I don't want to know what is in the cellar.