Monday, February 1, 2010

Quote of the Week ~ 2/1/10

Ellie: "I'm feeling a little sad and bored."

Mom: "Why don't you go read a good book?"

Ellie, eyes lighting up: "Ah! That's a good idea! I know just what I will get...I haven't read the Narnia books for nearly a month now...that will be the perfect thing!"

Dad: "Ellie, don't you think you should read something else?"

Ellie: "But, why?"

Dad: "Because our read them so recently...Maybe we should make it a rule that you can only read the Narnia book once a year."

Ellie, eyes wide, jaw dropped, shocked: "What?!? But I haven't even read them this year!!!"

3 comments:

Linda said...

Chuckle, chuckle! Hey, at least she wants to re-read GOOD books. Could be a whole lot worse...

ADDollhouse said...

You have AWESOME kids.

Gramma Joy and Grampa Todd said...

I agree with you, Ellie! Narnia books are like good friends and need to be visited often :o)