ok...so I was gonna post some pictures of the place we're settling into...but my computer won't let me post pictures unless they're turned sideways...sheesh! Anyway I wanted to spare you all a stiff neck, so I'm just posting to say...WE MOVED!
The sale of our house went through with a few kinks, but all is well! We're enjoying our new ward...but missing old friends. And it's hard to not have all the great stuff we had in our backyard: like a covered patio, garden, shade trees, swing set, and sandbox to name a few. But we did inherit one apricot, one pear, and three apple trees, that are loaded! Yay!
The kids are liking having their own rooms - especially Ellie, who loves that she can shut her door and read without interruptions! (She's already read The Prisoner of Azkaban, Ella Enchanted, The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, The Horse and His Boy, and is half-way through Prince Caspian...and it's only been 3 1/2 weeks!)
Marc and I don't have callings in our ward yet...which is hard for me. i feel like I need a job to do (other than being a mom, cook, housekeeper, and chauffer, I mean ;p) . Plus once I have a calling I know I'll feel more like I belong here, instead of that I'm just visiting.
It's been fun to be closer to Grandma S., too... and the kids always love visiting her home! And we've already had visits from some family and friends, which we love!
Well, hopefully I'll be able to post pictures soon...in the mean time try to use your imaginations! :)
4 comments:
Welcome, welcome to your new home! (Sorry I can't be there to welcome you in person...) Thanks for the post and good luck with everything! We're looking forward to seeing your photos :) Love to you all!
And we are so glad you have moved! I have a feeling we'll be seeing lots more of you. Yay! Love you guys. (Just scoped out your Etsy site. I wanted to buy everything!!)
I heard a rumor you moved south--but I'm not exactly sure where--but I bet it's fabulous.
Sarah- while I was leaving a comment, Matt called and I was talking to him about something and commenting to you on your blog and after I clicked 'submit comment' I thought, what did I comment to her? Hopefully it made sense! I guess I can't multi-task! What I wanted to say wa CONGRATS!! and good luck with the move! Your kids are also too stinkin' hilarious!
Post a Comment