
Today we went on a zoo adventure at the Hogle Zoo! Ben and Maddie had doctor's appointments (Lots of shots! Poor kids!), so we made it a little treat for good behavior! We met up with Kelly and Rachel (who I unfortunately didn't get any pictures of) and had a lot of fun!
Mommy's FAVORITE picture...NOT!!!!

Oh, what a tangled web we weave...

Ben and Lilly coming out of their shells...


That isn't a really short giraffe...it's Ben looking down on it from the upper viewing level!

A lovely pic Ben insisted on taking of me...

Ben: "Look, Mom! A WINO!!!" (The people behind us couldn't stifle their guffaws...)

They had these little info stations set up in a couple of places. This one was about frogs and toads. The expression on the blonde girl's face says it all...a second later I overheard her telling her buddy: "That little girl is sooo smart! She didn't guess wrong on any of these facts!" If only she knew...

Ben doing an 'alligator smile'...That's the 'Ghost of the Bayou' in the background! It's a white (NOT Albino) Alligator...there are only ten known of in the world, and they were all hatched in the same litter!

A blurry picture of Lilly with a Bat-Earred Fox..."Woaf, Woaf, Mom!!!"

Lilly spent about ten minutes chasing this Meerkat (or 'buppy', as she called it) back and forth across its enclosure...it was hilarious! I never got a good picture of her with it, but I did get this one shot of it 'waving bye-bye' when it was time to go! So cute!

The "Ellahtunts!"


Ben's about the same size as this elephant femur...kinda puts their size into perspective!

As we were eating lunch Lilly kept saying "Mom! A beecaw! A beecaw!" She was freaking out, and I had no idea what she was saying, until I turned around to find this guy about 6 inches from me eating our grapes!

Ellie shaking her tail-feathers!

Ben and the Rattlesnakes: "Dey ah poisonous, Mom!"

"Oh! It's dah cwocadioles! Wahhh!"

Maddie loved her first trip to the zoo...she slept the entire time!!!
7 comments:
Sarah, That looks like an awesome day. I think your kids earn the world's greatest zoo appreciators award.
Oh, and I haven't told you yet how beautiful Maddie is! I can't wait to hang out with you all again in real life someday when i return from the netherworld...
I love all those pictures...the zoo is one of my favorite places. Glad you went and had so much fun!
And, all your puns were very creative! Them are scrapbokin' words!
haha! the wino comment killed me. hehehehe.
i like your new layout.
xoxo
Look at those little adventurers... maybe Maddie will appreciate the zoo a little more later....
Looks like so much fun! I really need to take my kids to the zoo they love animals!
What a fun adventure! Tim took me to the zoo on my birthday and we had some great adventures with the animals. The giraffes and gorillas were the most memorable for us :) You'll have to check it out on our blog!
I love the zoo and it looks like your kids did it right!
(and isn't it amazing how many animals are "puppies" when you are little?")
Post a Comment