Tuesday, May 13, 2008

A Good Helper

Lilly is my good helper. She LOVES her new baby sister...so much so that I am constantly having to say things like "No, Lilly! Leave her alone...No, she doesn't want the blanket on her head...No, she doesn't need you to pinch her cheeks...No, she doesn't need to bounce that hard...Please just let her sleep...etc., etc."

Whenever I put Maddie down and then come into a room without her, Lilly's first response is "Wheyah is dah baby?" She just wants to help me with everything having to do with Maddie. Thankfully, Lilly has a darling baby doll she's named 'Baby Rosie,' who is a great decoy! 'Baby Rosie' gets to have diaper changes, swing in the baby swing, get burped, go for walks in the stroller, hang upside-down from her toes, get poked in the eyes, and much more. Yesterday, I took this pic of Lilly with 'Baby Rosie.' Her comment was, "Mom, I feed Baby Wosie fwum my tummy, too!"



It was so funny! (And it kept her from petting Maddie's head!)

8 comments:

JJ said...

Oh....that is soooo funny. Lilly cracks me up, what a goof! She sure does mean well...but I can definitley vouch for Sarah on this one. Lilly is overly attentive to Baby Maddie's needs.

Amy said...

Mmmm, tummy feeding may become a new thing!

Amy said...

She is so sweet :)

Allyson said...

What a cutie! I love the picture.

Kelli said...

Oh aren't those dollies a heaven-send? Mindi did the same thing when I had Luke. I love it! Lilly is too cute!

K said...

She is such a sweet little girl! What a good little mommy :)

Susan said...

That is so funny, what a sweet big sister!

jenica said...

yay for breastfeeding normality! check out this post for a giggle on the subject: http://thewholeself.blogspot.com/2007/01/gingerbreasts.html

hehe