Thursday, June 7, 2007

Quote of the Week ~ 6/7/07

I haven't had time to upload any new pictures...they'll be here soon! In the meantime I needed to share this:

The past few days have been *VERY* difficult with Ben. If there were things to be done, Ben didn't. If there were things to pick up, Ben wouldn't. If there were things to be eaten, put on, taken out of, gotten into, or changed out of, he absolutely refused...kicking and screaming the whole time. Despite this, and that fact that I felt like a horrible mom, I stood firm and didn't give in.

So, last night after I struggled with Ben to go potty, brush his teeth, straighten his room, put on his pajamas, and get into bed (all of which were followed by periods of 'time-outs' because he was sassy, crabby, and rude) he finally got into bed, pulled the covers up and said looking up innocently at me:

"I'm sahwy, Mom. I'm weady to make good choices now. Won't ya' evuh fahgive me?"

I replied: "Thank you, Ben. I forgive you. I'm glad that you're going to make better choices...would you like me to read you a story?"

Ben, age 4: "Yes!...does that mean you like me again?"

***sigh***

1 comment:

Linda said...

ahh, that puts a lump in my throat. he really is a sweet little kid. keep your spirits up, Sarah! it's hard when they're little, but it really does go by sooo fast...