Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Quote of the Week ~ 6/26/07

Sunday was our Ward Conference, so we had the Stake Primary Presidency visiting. I was teaching the children the song "I Want to Live the Gospel." I started out by asking the children what they wanted. There were several cute answers from Transformers to a pony...Ellie said proudly that she wanted "a sewing box...they have everything!" (She's been listening to Beezus & Ramona, by Beverly Cleary.)

In the second verse of the song there's a line about being happy when we learn to obey. To illustrate this concept to the kids I asked if anyone had ever been disobedient to their parents. Nearly all hands went up. I then asked what happened when they disobeyed their moms and dads.

Ben's hand shot into the air and he shouted "Ya' get spanked on yowah bayah butt!!!"

The Stake Primary Presidency was in fits of laughter....

*sigh*

No comments: