Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Quote of the Week ~ 5/9/07

I was getting Ellie out of the shower on Sunday, and she was swinging the little bath pouf thingy around, getting water all over. Here is the conversation that followed:

Mom: "Ellie! Stop that! Hang up the scrubbie, and get out of the shower, please!"

...pause where Ellie ignores me, while humming to herself...

Mom: "Ellie, I said hang it up and get out of the shower, please!"

...ignoring & humming...

Mom: "Ellie! Hang up the scrubbie and get out NOW, PLEASE!"

...Ellie throws the scrubbie onto the floor of the bathroom as she jumps out of the shower and onto the bathmat...

Mom: "Ellie! Why did you throw that on the floor?! Weren't you listening to me? Why did you do that!?!"

Ellie, age 5: (incredulously) "Uh, Mom...I'm five, of course."

*Sigh*

2 comments:

ADDollhouse said...

Of COURSE!

Linda said...

Please keep posting quotes. I need my laugh quota every week. That kid is HILARIOUS!