Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Quote of the Week ~ 11/17/11

Maddie came downstairs after we'd put her to bed again last night.  She was carrying her little glow worm baby.

Dad:  "Maddie.  Go to bed NOW."

Maddie, age 3:  "Hmph!  No!"

Dad:  "Maddie!  Don't be grump at me...go to bed!"

Maddie, furrowing her brow: "You are making me mad.  And dis is my dahling.  Hmph!"

Dad:  "Why are you mad at me?"

Maddie:  "Because I'm a Mom."

Dad:  "Mom's don't have to be mad."

Maddie:  "Yes.  Dey do.  Dey are grumpy, and crabby, and mad."

(Mom, laughing from next room...)

Maddie, pointing her finger at mom:  "Don't laugh at me, YOUNG LADY!"

2 comments:

Linda said...

I laughed so hard I had a coughing fit...How did I miss this earlier???

Gramma Joy and Grampa Todd said...

Oh, that Maddie! Thanks for the laugh :o) (Oh, wait--if I'm a mom, does that mean I can't laugh?! Maybe it's okay for grandmas to laugh...!)