Friday, January 21, 2011

Quote of the Week ~ 1/21/11

This is a quote that I literally hear almost everyday.

Lilly, age 4: "Um...Mom?! You have to come see what Maddie is doing....."



Yeah. Every. Single. Day.



Today it was granola cereal spread all over the kitchen floor.

Yesterday it was lotion spread on the bathroom mirrors.

The day before it was all of the curtains in the living room piled in the middle of the floor like a giant nest.

There was the day she literally unwound an entire skein of yarn all over the house.

Or the time she 'washed' the dishes by putting them on table and pouring water over them.



Where was I when this was happening, you ask? Upstairs making the kids' beds. In the bathroom. Folding laundry in my bedroom. Taking the garbage can out to the street.



Yup. It happens that fast.



What am I going to do when this new baby comes?!?!

Oy.

3 comments:

Gramma Joy and Grampa Todd said...

No doubt there is a large spirit packed into that tiny body! I wish I had half her energy and creativity :o) In the meantime, "May the force be with you!"

Linda said...

All I can say is. Oy. Oy. Oy. Good thing she's so darn cute and her mom has the PATIENCE OF JOB!!!

Maddie Cat said...

I. Love. Her. Imagine 20 years from now: "Remember that time when Maddie...."