Then, as I was working on 'stuff' I remembered that my kids had been angels all day on Saturday, when we were getting fence things done. They literally watched movies on Netflix all day. They were so good!! They deserved some one-on-one time with Mom.
So we broke out the mismatched socks, felt scraps, buttons, and embroidery floss, and made sock creatures! Ellie LOVES the old Make and Do Childcraft Encyclopedia we have. (We have a set from when I was her age..she loves all of them...in fact she could probably quote the one about dinosaurs. No joke.) So wee used a pattern from that as our basis!
The kids picked out the colors of felt they wanted to use, and which buttons they wanted for eyes. I threaded needles, helped cut shapes, and tied knots.

They stuffed, stitched, and molded.



About an hour later they had three new adorable penguin companions!

The fence didn't get finished. The house was less than spotless. But we had happy kids, and a happier Mommy....and that was enough!
4 comments:
I LOVE your penguins. They are so very cute. What a good mommy you are.
(PS-I just got back from Wal*Mart where I had the uncontrollable urge to BUY some corn dogs, even though they were NOT on my list! Tell Ben to come for a visit...)
What a great way to spend the day! I really like those new penguins, too :o) Nice work everyone! (P.S. Sarah, you should show off the new dolls you made, too!)
Those are so adorable. What are the plans for the fence? We can come back and help finish whenever you need it.
Such a cute project!
Thanks for commenting on the ol' blog... it is great to find out you have a blog!
Post a Comment