My new favorite scripture right now is Proverbs 31:27:
"She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness."
Sometimes I think that the things I do all day aren't really making a difference. Sometimes I don't keep house as well as I'd like. Or have meals made from scratch. Or fold the laundry. Or change out of my 'grungy' clothes. Sometimes I feel like I spend too much time doing 'unimportant' things.
But you know what? The things I do really DO make a difference. I may not get the house totally spotless everyday...or make a gourmet meal...or get the laundry folded...or take a shower....
But my children are happy...they don't live in squalor...they have clean clothes to wear....they have food to eat... and they have me. They don't care about the other stuff. They're happy with what they have.
Sometimes there are other things to do. Things that are important. And sometimes those things aren't chores.
So, just because I'm sitting in the kitchen surrounded by dirty dishes, eating a slice of homemade bread with my kids...doesn't mean I'm being idle...
I'm seeing to the ways of my household. And loving it.
3 comments:
Amen! And, for the record, I think you're doing a fantastic job, so please give yourself a large "pat on the back" from me :o) Sure wish I could be sitting in the kitchen with you right now!
AMEN, SISTAH! AND DO I HEAR A HALLELUJAH!?
Here's my Amen. I love your mind. "Seeing to the ways of my household" - can I steal that?
Post a Comment