Last year (exactly a year and five days ago, to be precise...) Ben fell off the playground at school and lacerated his kidney. He spent almost a week in the hospital, three weeks with a catheter, and two and half months with a stent in his kidney. I was just thinking about how grateful I am that he has fully healed, and that he can be a normal boy again.
Until last night...
I guess Ben has decided that a trip to the emergency room in December should be an annual thing.
Last night, while attending a dance recital for a friend of ours, Ben ran down the hall backwards, turning at the last minute and running full force into a door jamb, splitting his noggin quite nicely.
Blood was streaming, tears were spilling, kids were freaking, and Mom calmly, but firmly ordered Dad to run Ben out to the snow and put snow on the wound to stop the bleeding. Our friend directed us to the Urgent care, where the nice EMT Shawn neatly stitched up Ben's skull, and gave him a gift certificate to Del Taco ("Dat's my favohwite kind of food!").
Ben's first comment to Dad after the procedure was done was:
"I don't haftah take a bath fowah FIVE WHOLE DAYS!"

Merry Christmas and God Bless Urgent Care!
3 comments:
Oh, Sarah. I'd be laughing, if that wasn't just so true. Poor you. Coming to the Parents' tomorrow? There will be apple cake. XO
Oh....Ben. That is just so sad. That kid has the most amazing body to go through what it does everyday. I think you maybe should think about wrapping him in pillows or bubble wrap.
poor baby... hope he heals well soon.
Post a Comment