Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Quote of the Week #2 ~ 9/2/09

During dinner:

Mom: "Ellie, i want you to try the sweet and sour sauce, please.'

Ellie: "It's spicy. I don't like things that are too spicy, ya know."

Mom: "You haven't even tasted it yet. Just try it, please."

Ellie (Dips finger in sauce and licks it off. Makes face.): This should be called 'Sweet and Spicy' instead of 'Sweet and Sour.'

Mom: "Oh, Ellie."

Ellie: "I think it tastes foul. (pause) Umm who made this?"

Mom, sternly: "Me."

Ellie (gasp - clasps hands over mouth): "Ooops! Sorry, Mom!"

(Ellie starts tearing up, and tries to wipe tears away.)

Mom, trying not to laugh: "Ellie why are you crying?

Ellie, with an angry face: "I dunno!"

Mom: "Honey, it's okay. Do you feel bad for hurting my feelings?"

(Nods. More tears.)

Mom, hugging Ellie: "It's alright. Thank you for apologizing. You don't have to eat it."

Ellie: "Whew!"



Ah...what table manners

3 comments:

Gramma Joy and Grampa Todd said...

Ellie, you have such a tender heart :) And, I love your honesty! I hope you will hold on to both of those qualities :)

K said...

So sweet! I LOVE that girl :)

Ivan said...

I could NOT stop laughing! I can just imagine Ellie claiming it's "foul" and then her poor little mind terrified at the prospect you made it...oh, she's awesome.