He's doing a lot better (still in pain...and will be for a while), but he's still wearing a catheter and foley at least until December 23rd, when he'll return to hospital for a repeat CT scan. He still has a little leakage around his kidney, but the stint seems to be doing its job, and the fluid that had accumulated around his lungs is gone!
He's not going to be able to run for at least a month, and he'll have to avoid P.E. and other physical activities for about 3-4 months...but he'll be able to go back to school in January!
Here are some more pics of our brave boy Ben!
In his hospital bed...he spent a lot of time watching movies at the hospital.

Going for a wheelchair ride...he got pretty good at wheeling himself along, and was so excited that he could do it all by himself!

As you can see he's feeling A LOT better!

We love you, Ben, and we're so glad you're home!!!
6 comments:
We're so glad he's home and feeling somewhat better. We hope his recovery continues to go well, and he'll be completely healed in no time.
Yay! We're so happy you got to "bwing" him home! We'll keep praying for you all...
Sarah I just read your status on facebook...oh my goodness...how tramatic! I'm sooo glad Ben is home now. Please let me know if there is anything I can do. We'd love to see you guys this Christmas season. :)
Daisy seems to be very glad you are home too!
I can see the "happy" in your face for being in your own house. Keep getting better, and give us a call if you need anything.
Love you Ben!
Thank the luckiest stars that boy was able to come home. The hospital is NOT fun, I will testify. Plus, when you get home, you get all sorts of cool "get well" presents....
I hope today went well for everyone and your are all nestled tightly in your bed.
Post a Comment