Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Harvest Time!

We've had good growing season this year...we've had carrots, beets, tomatoes, cucumbers, squash, corn, pumpkins, watermelons, grapes and some herbs. Here are some pictures of our bountiful harvest!

What's up, Doc? Marc and the kids enjoying home-grown carrots!



To-MAY-to, To-MAH-to...Let's call the whole thing SAUCE! I made and froze some sauce using tomatoes from our garden!



Can't be BEET! We've been picking and eating these guys a couple times a week...I've even used the greens...we're starting to run out!



Cutie & the Beast! Check out the size of that zucchini! (We didn't grow that one...some friends of ours did - Ask me sometime about 'the zucchini curse' Marc put on our garden...) The Butternut and yellow squashes are all ours!)



Oh, Grape...that's just Peachy! The color is way off on this pic, they look much prettier in real life! I canned and froze grapes from our vines (for juice) and peaches (from Farmington) this year, too!



Oh, Pumpkin Tree! Not a great pic, but you can kinda see these funny pumpkins that climbed into our snowball bush!



Waiting for the Great Pumpkin. Here's a pic of our front yard...most of that greenery is from our pumpkin vines! We've counted at least 24 pumpkins hiding in there!



You're one in a MELON, Baby! Need I say more?

6 comments:

COOLWHIP said...

Too Cute. I love the new back ground too. I am so close to changing mine. But, i told myself i would keep it until i was released. I sooooo want a cute fall back ground. My favorite time of year.
Do you need pears? I have a tree full, and i have already done 5 batches of pears this year. I am willing to part with them if you need some. They are small, but tasty.

Lisa M said...

Great harvest pictures. I love all the fruits and veggies you have.

Lisa

What is the zucchini curse??

JJ said...

Oh my gosh! That was an awesome post! You have done so great on your garden this year, way to go!!!
I love the mongo zuchinni, and the adorable watermelon pose, Maddie is so cute!
All of those puns are hilarious, you are a Master of the Wordiverse!
"WORD-WOMAN"

Unknown said...

Every time, I think I have learned the extent of your talents you surprise me again. You can garden, can and freeze!! You are my hero!! Thanks for sharing the great pics!!

Maddie Cat said...

That melon baby is pretty darn cute. And the cutie & the beast.

The Duree Family said...

LOVE THIS PIC... can't Believer our babies are so grown up already... can you!!! It seems like yesterday we were both announcing the good news at the 10 year reunion... hop it won't be another 10 years before I see you guys again!!!